An exciting step after choosing to accept and follow Christ is getting baptized and sharing your personal story! Prior to your baptism day, we will film a video that lets you tell about accepting Jesus and share why you want to be baptized. Don’t feel anxious, because it’s really not intimidating. Don’t worry about “messing up.” You will be given all the time you need to say what you want—and, yes, you can write it down and practice ahead of time to get it just right.
When you sit down to record your video, you’ll want to be sure to include the following:
- Your name
- Your age/grade
- What your life was like before you accepted Jesus
- Your story about when you accepted Jesus as your Savior
- How your life has changed since you accepted Jesus
- Why you want to be baptized
Other things you can share are:
- A favorite Bible verse or Bible story that impacted you
- Thanks to family, small group leaders, friends, etc.
- At the end of your story, you will want to say, "I am here today to tell everyone that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior"
We are excited to celebrate this important day with you. If you have any questions, send us an email. We want to make sure you feel entirely comfortable as you film your video and celebrate baptism with your family and friends.
Once again, congratulations. Now let’s get ready to celebrate!
We are excited to celebrate this important day with you. If you have any questions, send us an email at email@example.com.